“Pyrgos Ralli” or “Chateau Ralli” is a landmark of Aegina that was built around 1890 by Telemachos Rallis, great grandfather of today’s owner. It has weathered many storms, literally and figuratively, among others, being seized during WWII and being used as a place of exile. Inspired by the neo-gothic architectural style of England during Rallis’ travels, it took several years to build, using the Aegina “pouri” stone.
The frescoes on the walls and ceilings are based on ancient Greek and Roman motifs, with the deep red color, “porfyra”, prevailing. “Pyrgos Ralli” has been declared a “Historical Preserved Monument and Work of Art” by the Ministry of Culture of Greece.